We are a group of writers, bloggers, and creative minds who like to get together to write, discuss our work and combat writer’s block together. We meet every Sunday to write in a productive communal atmosphere. We also organise regular or one-off activities aimed at supporting each other as writers.
~ ~ ~
We like to keep things relaxed, but in order to ensure a positive experience for everyone, there are a few rules we ask all members to respect:
• The group welcomes everybody regardless of skill level, writing language or style of writing.
• The group is a “nexus of energy”, meaning that members support each other with motivation, advice when requested, and creativity. In this regard, the Sunday “Let’s Write” meetings are central to the group; a time to meet and work on our own projects in a productive atmosphere.
• The group is not a workshop lead by an experienced writer/coach, but rather lives from members sharing their experiences and knowledge with each other. All members are welcome to propose ideas that they feel would interest other group members.
Members not showing up at meetings or changing their RSVP at the last minute is disruptive to the group. Members are therefore kindly asked to amend their RSVP in due time when they can no longer attend a meeting and send a message in case of last minute cancellation. Please note that
• “Last minutes” is understood as after 20:00 on the evening before the event.
• Anyone who changes their RSVP after this time will be marked as “no show”.
• People who have 3 “no shows” within any 3 months’ period will automatically be placed on the waitlist (if there is one).
The group has a membership fee of €5 per half year (pro-rata at €1/month for members joining mid-year). New members can attend up to two Sunday “Let’s Write” meetings to see if they like the group but will then be asked to pay membership fees. The group membership fees are used to pay the meetup.com user fee, contingency when booking rooms for workshops, etc. We will still occasionally have paid events, however having membership fees will enable us to keep the cost for such special events to a minimum.
The “money” section of the group page is viewable by all members and gives an overview of the group’s financial situation. The organiser team will update the group verbally at the Sunday meetings every 6 months on how the money is being spent. Members can also send a message to the organisers, in case of any questions.