The Good Food Resto label
The Good Food Resto label aims to support and guide restaurants that are involved in a sustainable approach. It responds to a demand from the inhabitants of Brussels who wish to distinguish the sustainable restaurants of the capital.
Coordinated by Brussels Environment, the awarding of the label has a non-commercial purpose.
The criteria for this label are based on the main principles of the Good Food strategy: the consumption of local and seasonal products, alternatives to animal proteins, food produced in an environmentally friendly way, while minimizing food waste.
1. Respect the legislation
2. Communication on sustainable approaches
3. Do not use 5th range products
4. Propose a vegetarian offer
5. Use only organic (code 0), free range (code 1) or organic Tetra Pak eggs
6. Offer a Rest-O-Pack
7. Buy directly from Belgian, Brabant and Brussels producers and processors
8. Cook certified organic products
9. Cooking fresh products
10. Propose a dessert with seasonal fruits
11. Produce your own ingredients
12. Offer homemade products (processed products such as bread, dough, coulis, fermentation…)
13. Use tomatoes and cucumbers only in season (June to October)
14. Offer seasonal vegetable side dishes
15. Offer smaller portions for smaller appetites
16. Use sustainable fish (not on the red and orange lists)
17. Offer tap water
18. Offer organic and/or Fairtrade drinks
19. Measure the food waste generated by the establishment – Quantification at least once a year for 1 full week.
BONUS – To be labeled ‘Ecodynamic Company
Discover the Good Food Resto criteria
And exploratory consumers
Indeed, all consumer surveys show it: the demand for a more ecological and healthier food is growing.
Beyond the impact of the volumes, a small restaurant for two, a drink with friends or a wedding party are good opportunities to rediscover the flavor of home-made preparations and discover local specialties and labeled products promoted by professionals.
Websites, applications and other information campaigns allow citizens concerned about their plate to identify establishments that are committed.
So let yourself be tempted by those who are part of the Good Food philosophy!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN OBTAINING THE GOOD FOOD RESTAURANT LABEL,
The Sister Team